Inspiration, Innovation and Inclusion.
T: Telephone02 6862 1844
The Role of the Student Representative Council
The Student Representative Council is a major activity in our school. This body is elected by their peers as well as the staff of Parkes High School and provides great opportunities for developing student leadership, public debate, decision making and problem solving.
The Aim of our Parkes High School SRC:
- Provide effective representation of students through communication with and between students, staff and the community of PHS.
- Provide a forum for student opinions, ideas and attitudes.
- Provide the student body with an opportunity to contribute to school decision making.
- Develop leadership in representing the opinion, ideas and attitudes of students.
- Promote involvement in the school and its physical surroundings.
- Promote school and community spirit.
- Encourage pride in achievement.
The Student Representative Council also organises Fundraisers such as Fun Days and socials.
Students don't have to be school captains or house captains to be considered leaders. We encourage our students to be leaders in the classroom and playground, through their support for other students, or their involvement in academic, sporting, cultural or community events and projects eg Charities and Appeals committee
2A Albert Street
Parkes NSW 2870
telephone 02 6862 1844
We would like to pay our respects and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land and also pay respect to Elders both past and present.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.